Today’s market offers a plethora of lasers designed to remove unwanted hair in a series of 6-10 laser hair removal treatments. Technically, it isn’t laser hair “removal” because nothing is actually removed. It should be referred to as laser hair “reduction” but for some reason that term isn’t used often. In general, the consumer doesn’t care what it’s called or what type of laser is used as long as it works!
When searching for a reputable provider of laser hair removal services, it would be advisable for the consumer to ask what type of laser is used. Take the time to do a little bit of research on it. The type of laser used does matter, especially for darker skin types which require what’s called a “YAG” laser to prevent burns. There are many lasers for hair removal available. No one laser is ideal for every individual. Depending on your skin color and hair color, some lasers will be more effective than others. Definitely look online for any reviews about the facility. Call them and ask about the experience level of the technician.
Here are the different types of lasers for hair removal available:
- Ruby Laser Hair Removal – The slowest on the market and only for very light skin types, thus not very popular.
- Alexandrite Laser Hair Removal – One of the faster treatments on the market and able to treat large areas on light to olive complexions.
- Diode Laser Hair Removal – Safe for darker skin types but much less effective on lighter skin types. Because there is a smaller area of treatment, longer treatment time is needed. Often more uncomfortable.
- Nd: YAG Laser Hair Removal – The YAG is the go-to laser for darker skin and can be used for all skin types. It is not as effective for fine, lighter hairs.
- BBL (Broad Band Light) Hair Removal – BBL sends multiple lower energy pulses at a high repetition rate, Forever Bare BBL provides a treatment that is safe, fact, effective and comfortable.
Want to receive the latest information and special offers regarding health and beauty delivered to your inbox?
Here at Clinique Dallas | Medspa & Laser Center, we have a world renowned laser made by Sciton, called the Sciton JOULE, which provides the widest array of aesthetic procedures available from a single, scalable system. It is the world’s first platform to accommodate three different modes of delivery: articulated arm, fiber, and broadband light.
Our Sciton JOULE includes eight different laser and light modules, 2 of them being the YAG and the BBL modules. As described above, the YAG module (ClearScan YAG) employs laser energy that can selectively target micro-structures, such as hair follicles.
With its targeted absorption by melanin, it gives the optimal balance between safely treating all skin types and effectively removing unwanted hair. The ability to safely treat sun-tanned skin makes this the treatment of choice for active individuals; and the BBL module (ForeverBARE BBL), allows for extremely even heating of hair follicles and minimizes missed areas that occur with traditional hair removal device.
When Choosing Laser Hair Removal …
When considering laser hair removal treatment, consumers should ask the following questions:
- Is this laser FDA approved for hair removal on my skin type and hair color?
- What is the type of laser used for my skin type? Research the type of laser to make sure you are being treated with an up-to-date, FDA-approved laser with good consumer ratings.
- ¿Con qué tipo de sistema de enfriamiento está equipado el láser? Es importante que un láser tenga un sistema de enfriamiento constante para garantizar la seguridad y la comodidad del paciente.
- ¿Hay un médico certificado en la clínica? Aunque las complicaciones con los nuevos láseres para la depilación son poco frecuentes, en caso de una complicación, debe saber quién brindará atención médica..
La depilación láser es uno de los tratamientos cosméticos más solicitados en el mundo y puede ser extremadamente exitoso y seguros. La depilación láser también es una solución económica en comparación con una vida de suministros de afeitado y horas de afeitado. ¡Hombres y mujeres de todo el mundo aman la sensación de tener la piel tan suave como bebé sin la molesta sombra del afeitado a media tarde o sin tener que posponer o retrasar una reunión social por el simple hecho de tener que afeitarse! ¡Así que recupera el tiempo, recupera la vida y recibe la depilación láser!