bioCorneum PLUS SPF30
1ST AND ONLY TOPICAL SILICONE SCAR TREATMENT WITH SPF CLEARED BY THE FDA.
bioCorneum+ is the leading choice of medical professionals when creating a comprehensive scar management plan for patients. bioCorneum+ is available at Clinique Dallas Plastic Surgery, Medspa & Laser Center.
- First and only patented blend of silicone with SFP 30 cleared by the FDA
- ONLY topical scar management product with over 2,000 patients in published clinical studies proving safety and efficacy
- Application is quick and simple
- Self dries quickly to form an invisible, flexible silicone sheet
- Helps prevent abnormal scarring after surgery (cosmetic or medical); also works for scarring from all types of burns
- Soften and flattens raised scars
- Prevents discoloration caused by sun-exposure by incorporating sun screen ingredients providing an SPF of 30
- Reduces redness and discoloration
- Relieves itch and discomfort associated with scar healing
- Water –resistant
- May be used on irregular surfaces as well as large area scars
- Once dry, bioCorneum can be covered with pressure garments, clothing or cosmetics
How does bioCorneum+ work?
bioCorneum+ hydrates the scarred area and creates an environment which allows the scar to mature through normal collagen synthesis cycles and improves the physiological and cosmetic appearance of the scar.
The patented silicone formulation in bioCorneum+ has been shown to flatten, soften, and smooth scars, reduce discoloration, as well as relieve associated itch, pain and discomfort of scars.
The UV protection may protect the maturing scar from the darkening effects of sun exposure, a feature unique to bioCorneum as it is the only patented 100% silicone scar treatment of this kind.
How should bioCorneum be used?
+ Apply twice daily as directed by your physician.
- Ensure the affected area is clean and dry.
- Apply to the area in a very thin layer and allow to dry completely (4 to 5 minutes).
+ For maximum effect, bioCorneum+ should have 24 hour contact with the skin for the duration of the treatment.
- Once dry, it can be covered with cosmetics or pressure garments.
If the gel has not dried within 5 minutes, you have probably used too much. Gently remove the excess and allow the drying process to continue.
Recommended minimum treatment time for new scars is 60 to 90 days. Recommended use for older scars is 90 days. bioCorneum is suitable for use on children and people with sensitive skin.
|SIZE||SIZE OF SCAR SUITABLE FOR TREATMENT|
|10 g||2-3 inches|
|20 g||4-6 inches|
|50 g||7-9 inches|
Frequently Asked Questions
• For which types of scars is bioCorneum+ suitable?
It is intended for the management of old and new hypertrophic and keloid scars resulting from general surgical procedures, trauma, wounds and burns. It is also ideal for scar areas exposed to the sun.
• How long should I use bioCorneum+?
Recommended minimum treatment time is 60-90 days. Larger and older scars may take longer and continued use is recommended if improvement is still seen after the initial 90 days.
• Can bioCorneum+ completely remove a scar?
It is not possible to make a scar “invisible”. It will, however, markedly improve the appearance of scars old and new.
• Is bioCorneum+ skin-friendly?
Yes, it is suitable for use on children and people with sensitive skin.
To learn more about Clinique Dallas Plastic Surgery and the wide variety of procedures we perform, please call our office at (972) 566-2010 or send us an email using the contact form.