Rhinoplasty (Nose Surgery)
At the Dallas offices of Clinique Dallas, Rhinoplasty surgery is performed for those who wish to achieve an aesthetic improvement by changing the shape and / or size of their noses. By creating a more attractive profile and more balanced facial features, rhinoplasty surgery helps many patients at our Dallas / Fort Worth area practice greatly improve the way they feel about their appearance. This, in turn, can improve their self-esteem and quality of life.
Additional Before & After examples available at consultation.
Many people who opt to have rhinoplasty feel that the size or shape of their nose is not in balance with the rest of their face. Many times, these people are candidates for the surgery. However, in order to determine each patient’s candidacy, our doctors must carefully analyze the medical circumstances of each patient. Rhinoplasty candidates should have a fully matured nasal bone and the shape of the nostrils should be stabilized. This typically occurs in the mid-teens, at the earliest. Candidates should also have realistic expectations regarding their procedure. At our Dallas practice, those interested in rhinoplasty receive extensive information regarding the surgical process and the result they can expect to achieve.
Men and Women who would like to change the size and shape of the nose.
- Rhinoplasty usually takes 2 hours. Rhinoplasty is an outpatient procedure and is performed under general anesthesia.
- Incisions are made inside the nostrils and at the base of the nose.
- A combination of internal, dissolvable sutures and external sutures are used.
- Nasal packing may be used. The packing will be removed within the first week following surgery.
- Discomfort is Mild to Moderate. Pain medication will be prescribed.
- Bruising and Swelling will be present and should decrease in 2-3 weeks.
- Patient is to keep their head elevated to help reduce swelling.
- A plastic or metal split is applied to the nose following surgery and will remain for one week.
- Strenuous activities should be avoided for 5 weeks.
- No restrictions wearing contacts. Glasses should be avoided for 6 weeks.
- Reactions to Anesthesia
Rhinoplasty may also be used to treat breathing problems in people with deviated septums or related conditions. Most commonly, however, patients choose rhinoplasty at our Dallas / Fort Worth area practice to enhance their appearance and boost their self-confidence.
Rhinoplasty begins with an incision made either inside the nose or across the skin that separates the nostrils (the columella). Most incisions can be hidden within the nose, leaving you with minimal scarring. The cartilages and bones of the nose are then exposed, at which point they can be sculpted to the desired shape. After the procedure is complete, the skin is carefully sutured back in place. Rhinoplasty is typically performed as an outpatient procedure at our Dallas area fully accredited and certified surgical facilities.
In the days immediately following your rhinoplasty procedure, you can expect to experience soreness, discomfort and inability to breathe out of your nostrils. Our doctors will prescribe pain medication to help you remain as comfortable as possible during your initial days of recovery. During this time, swelling and bruising will increase, but can be lessened with cold compresses.
The staff at our Dallas practice feels that it is important for each of our rhinoplasty patients to fully understand their procedure and have realistic expectations regarding their results. For that reason, our doctors provide each patient with extensive information from the initial decision making process to their recovery.
To learn more about Clinique Dallas Plastic Surgery and the wide variety of procedures we perform, please call our office at (972) 566-2010 or send us an email using the contact form.