JUVEDERM Ultra XC
The Juvederm Ultra XC gel is injected into areas of facial tissue where moderate to severe wrinkles and folds occur (most often around the nose and mouth). The injected gel adds immediate volume and restores a smoother appearance to the face with the NEW added comfort of 0.3% Lidocaine!
Natural-looking lips that last
Some people simply have naturally thin lips and just want to achieve a fuller appearance. Other people have noticed their lips thinning over time and may also have seen vertical lip lines become more noticeable. Whatever your unique needs are when it comes to your lips, the JUVÉDERM® collection may be able to help.
Juvederm Ultra XC adds more fullness and plumps thin lips—whether your lips have thinned over time or you simply want fuller lips.
Important Safety Information
Are there any reasons why I should not receive any JUVÉDERM® injectable gel formulation?
Do not use these products if you have a history of multiple severe allergies or severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis), or if you are allergic to lidocaine or the gram-positive bacterial proteins used in these products.
What precautions should my doctor advise me about?
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. The safety of these products for use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding has not been studied
- The safety of JUVÉDERM® XC and JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC injectable gels in patients under 18 years, and the safety of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC in patients under 35 years or over 65 years has not been studied
- The safety and effectiveness of JUVÉDERM® XC for areas other than facial wrinkles and folds, and JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC for areas other than the lips and perioral area for lip augmentation, or facial wrinkles and folds, have not been established in clinical studies
- The safety and effectiveness of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC in areas other than the cheek area have not been established in clinical studies
- Tell your doctor if you have a history of excessive scarring (eg, hypertrophic scarring and keloid formations) or pigmentation disorders, as use of these products may result in additional scars or changes in pigmentation
- Tell your doctor if you are planning other laser treatments or a chemical peel, as there is a possible risk of inflammation at the treatment site if these procedures are performed after treatment
- Patients who experience skin injury near the site of injection with these products may be at a higher risk for side effects
- Tell your doctor if you are on immunosuppressive therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response, as use of these products may result in an increased risk of infection
- Tell your doctor if you are using medications that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinners, as this may result in increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site
- Minimize strenuous exercise, exposure to extensive sun or heat, and alcoholic beverages within the first 24 hours following treatment
What are possible side effects?
One of the risks with using this product is unintentional injection into a blood vessel, and while rare, the complications can be serious and may be permanent. These complications, which have been reported for facial injections, can include vision abnormalities, blindness, stroke, temporary scabs, or permanent scarring.
As with all skin injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.